Using Microsoft Office 365 can be a big decision for any business. While moving to Office 365 for Business, it has some major advantages, as many industries feel it be the right system for everyone.
A quick way to see if it is right for you is to look at the major pros and cons if you are wondering if you need to buy Microsoft Office 365, we have created a list of the top 7 benefits that Office 365 delivers to large and small businesses:
1) Work Anywhere
One of the biggest advantages of Office 365 is the ability to work from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. There are certain reasons why:
- Office 365 is entirely cloud-based, you can access your email, files and Office programs
- If you have a Microsoft Office Subscription Plan that includes the desktop version of Office, they can be installed on up to 5 devices per user.
- This is especially helpful for companies with remote employees to buy Microsoft Office 365
multiple locations and companies with employees who travel often.
2) Collaborate Easily
If working in teams is at all a part of your company, you’ll appreciate the collaboration features of Office 365. The biggest advantage of using Microsoft Office 365 Personal is, you get to work on one version of the document.
- Everyone who needs to contribute to or edit a document or spreadsheet, or presentation can work on the same version.
- Everyone can make real-time changes and get real-time changes rather than having multiple version floating around that have to be combined.
- You can also share direct access to your files, rather than send files as attachments. This means people can make changes to one file rather than having multiple copies.
3) Always Have Access to the Latest Versions of Programs
With Office 365 you will also have access to the latest versions of Office at no additional charge. You will get the latest and greatest features without having to uninstall and reinstall Office on everyone’s machines. The benefits of accessing Office 365 for Business are as follows:
- Microsoft Office Subscription Plan constantly makes upgrades to features across programs you would get access to those without any hassles.
- Compatibility issues have also become extinct because all users will be using the same version of Office 365
4) Mix and Match Plan
There are several different Microsoft Office Subscription Plan, available with different programs and features. So, here are the benefits of mix and match plan if they buy Microsoft Office 365
- Not everyone in your company is going to need the exact same thing. You can mix and match plans so you don’t have to pay for more than you need.
- It is pretty easy to switch between Office 365 for Business too if you find that an employee needs more or less than what they have now.
- Switching between plans is straightforward, so if you have a user that need more or fewer programs or features this can be done with ease.
5) Subscription-Based Payment
Office 365 is a subscription-based service, meaning you pay a low monthly fee per user, rather than a large lump sum upfront. This can be helpful from a cash flow perspective:
- Plans are typically paid month-to-month though some places will do yearly subscriptions, sometimes for a discount, so you turn off what you’re not using to save money.
- Because office runs in the cloud, you do not need servers for your website, emails or document storage. The cost savings are substantial. Removing onsite servers will reduce both energy costs and the need for office space to store server hardware.
6) Enhanced Email Capabilities
Office 365 users have access to the latest features on Outlook, which has a broad range of impressive email capabilities. Here are the favourite email features which come with Office 365 for Business.
- If you use your inbox as a to-do list, the Boomerang feature will be invaluable. Acting as a snooze button your email, it moves messages to a storage folder and brings it back into your inbox at a time you need it.
- The ‘focused inbox’ feature automatically places what it determines are your most relevant emails into one folder and the rest into another folder. You also have ‘clutter’, which automatically de-clutters your inbox based on your preferences.
- If you are struggling to manage meetings across time zones, you can now set up event start times and end times across different regions. You can also display different time zones in the calendar view of Outlook.
7) Enhanced Security Features
One of the biggest misconceptions about the Cloud is that it’s not safe. In reality, it isn’t necessarily any more or less safe than an on-premise system. Office 365 has a lot of built-in security features to keep your company’s data safe. Some of our favourite benefits of Office 365 include:
- The encrypted email which keeps anyone other than the intended recipient from reading your email
- The data loss prevention which is a set of policies that checks and prevents sensitive information like social security numbers from leaving your organization via email.
- The mobile device management which actually allows you to control Microsoft office 365 on your employee’s phones to protect company information.
- If an employee’s phone is lost or stolen, it can be remotely wiped to prevent anyone who shouldn’t have access from getting to company data.
- Advanced Threat Analytics commonly known as ATA uses analytics and machine learning to detect and alert you to suspicious behaviour on your network.
- This feature of ATA will further scan emails as they come into your network for malicious links and attachments and if it detects something fishy, ATA will prevent the malicious attachment from getting in.
- The best part of using ATA is that the employees will get the email, but will get a message explaining why the attachment is not there. This can go a long way to preventing a data breach due to human error.
Office 365 offers some clear advantages for business, whether you need to boost your collaborative abilities, improve productivity or ensure your data stays secure. Buy Microsoft Office 365 Home to have everyone in your organization covered, improve productivity for all and ensure the data of the organization stays secure.